Mangeur de Cigogne SEO Competition 15 years On
Was the Mangeur de Cigogne SEO Competition really 15 years ago this week?
A lot of changes in TJ’s life since Mangeur de Cigogne
Mangeur de Cigogne 15th June 2004
I went from all working all hours in all weathers in the construction industry to sitting here in my nice warm office looking out of the window, cup of tea in hand, writing silly littlr blog articles and generally loafing around on the Internet 🙂
Biggest concern ton this anniversary of Mangeur de Cigogne is not battling the Google Gods but trying to decide what to buy little TJ who was born 30 minutes late at 00:30 on June 16th 2004 – the day after Mangeur de Cigogne Day
I actually missed the end of the Mangeur de Cigogne as I was in Warwick Hospital holding my wife’s hand urging her to get him out before midnight 🙂
Talking of hospitals I spent a lot of last year at UHCW having cancer treatment which you can read about here – My Head and Neck Cancer Blog
Happy to say I was declared Cancer free in April this year
After the Mangeur de Cigogne ended I spent a number of years doing affiliate work, made a killing on AdSense and started running a Free Business Directory for UK businesses.
As you can see my website deigns haven’t improved much since the early Sim64 days but the directory earns enough so I don’t have to worry about working again.
Would love to hear how other Mangeur de Cigogne competitors are getting on
More info on Mangeur de Cigogne below
Mangeur de Cigogne French SEO Competition
Mangeur de Cigogne was an early SEO Contest where the aim of the game was to see who could rank highest for Mangeur de Cigogne within a 2 month period.
The Mangeur de Cigogne competion was a fun French SEO competition where the aim was to see who could rank highest for the phrases Mangeur de Cigogne within 2 months.
Contest Rules translated from concours.promo-web.org/:
To participate positioning and referencing.
– Optimize a web page for the query Mangeur de Cigogne
– Declare your participation and the URL of your page on the mailing-list contest before 15 April 2004.
Are there other rules?
No, no 🙂 Clearly, anything goes!
Everyone will deploy his talents and SEO knowledge of the way that it deems appropriate. The competition is open to both pros and amateurs. Participation is individual, but you can if you want to represent a company.
The sole arbiter of the contest will be Google will decide which participants of the position that they will get in its results pages.
The winner, and thus better SEO of France and of the universe, will be one of us who will get the better position in Google.
The results will be assessed and made public at the June 15, 2004, two months after the registration deadline.
Good luck and have fun!
Sim64 (TJ) was one of the few English entries and despite the language barrier made some good friends.
The phrase mangeur de cigogne (“Stork eater” in English) was chosen and the timeframe was 2 months and ended on 15th June 2004
Mangeur de Cigogne Results
My memory is a little rusty but I seem to remember the finishing order was;
Image courtesy of NoName
As the name suggests, Mangeur de Cigogne was a French Search engine optimisation competition organised by promoweb
List of participants here: http://concours.promo-web.org/participants.htm
The others I remember;
- Sid – Siddartha
- Apocalx – http://www.apocalx.com/mangeur-de-cigogne/
- Marie – http://www.altitude-referencement.com/mangeur-de-cigogne.php
- Jean-Michel De Sousa – http://le-mangeur-de-cigogne.com/
- Stephane – http://www.le-mangeur-de-cigogne.net/
apologies to anyone I have missed.
How do I remember the day so well? I missed the last few hours because I was in the maternity ward holding my wifes hand as little TJ was born
Hope all competitors are well and still doing battles with Google ;o)
TJ Sim64 Serps
- Sheep Snatchers in Warwickshire
- Find What Tier I am in – What Tier Are We In
- What Tier Is Shipston In Stratford-on-Avon Covid Tier
- 250,000 Business Listing in UK Small Business Directory
- Find a Local SEO Company in our SEO Companies Directory
- Google Local Context Map of Restaurants in Warwick
- Popular Categories in UKSBD
- SEO Sim64
- Google Tools Bookmarklets
- Google Rich Results Test Bookmarklet
- SEO Tip of the Day How to get natural links
- Google Voice Search Tool
- SEO Tools
- Oxfordshire SEO Services
- Free Keyword Research Tool – Find the Best Keywords
- SEO Advice for A Cup of Tea
- Free SEO Advice
- How To Get More Links To Your Website
- Bulgarian SEO Network Taking Over London Service Sector
- Sim64 SEO Tips
- Remember The Questions You Are Asked
- Is Google Using Pearson Correlation Coefficient as a Ranking Factor?
- Google Delegated Authority Evaluation System
- Shortcut to View the Google Cached Snapshot of Web Pages
- Google Business Directory Coming Soon