Google Passing on Digital Service Tax Fees to Advertisers in UKI received an email from Google this morning informing me about an additional 2% fee on UK ads served in the UK due to the new Digital Service Tax.
Country Specific DST Fees
“As of 1 November 2020, we will begin adding a fee to your next invoice or statement for ads served in specific countries:
• Ads served in Turkey: a 5% Regulatory Operating Cost added to your invoice or statement
• Ads served in Austria: a 5% Austria DST Fee added to your invoice or statement
• Ads served in the United Kingdom: a 2% UK DST Fee added to your invoice or statement”
“Ads purchased through Google Ads
• These fees will be shown on your invoice or statement as a separate line item per country. They will also be displayed in the ‘Transactions’ section of your Google Ads account. You’ll be charged for advertisements served in the countries mentioned above.
• Any taxes, such as sales tax, VAT, GST or QST, that apply in your country may also apply to the new fees.
• If you pay through monthly invoicing or automatic payments, these fees will be added in addition to your account budget. For example, if you have a budget of €100 and accrue €2 in United Kingdom DST Fees for ads served in the United Kingdom, you’ll be billed €102 (plus any taxes, such as sales tax, VAT, GST or QST, that may apply in your country).”
Further information here – https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/9750227